Thursday, April 1, 2010

Update

I'm exhausted from a long week, but wanted to do a quick update tonight.  I got back my results from yesterday's bloodwork and am starting to feel a bit more hopeful.  My hcg is up to 1198, clearly more than doubling even if you take into account that the draws were 4 days apart.  Yes, I've confirmed this by Googling "hcg increase calculator" and testing it out on several websites.  I just had to know if it's really safe to let the hope creep up a bit more.  My progesterone had risen a bit, but still isn't great at a 10.  They've upped my Prometrium to 4 times a day now, but I'm still happy to do this because I haven't had a drop of spotting since my realization that my "spotting" was actually Prometrium leakage...  They even went ahead and scheduled me for my 1st ultrasound for next Friday.  By then I'll be 6 weeks and we should definitely see something one way or another.

Last night, I was having pain where my ectopic was.  I've been achy pretty much every night since finding out I was pregnant again, but this seemed a bit more localized there.  So I started to worry and obsess as I was trying to fall asleep.  Not a good idea.  Feeling much better tonight.  Any twinges are minor and happening all over, not just where the EP was.  I have to remind myself I feel pain there more days than not, whether I'm pregnant or not, just due to scarring, etc.

I had my 2nd part of my root canal this afternoon.  I didn't want to, but I finally had to tell them I was pregnant because they had to do x-rays to check how the tooth looked afterwards.  I don't like telling people like that because they get so excited and don't understand what I've been through.  I know they're well-meaning, but it's hard to be anything more than cautiously optimistic at this point.  I once told a dentist when I was pregnant with what turned out to be our 1st miscarriage and he asked me & my husband about the pregnancy every time he saw us for the next year.  No fun to be constantly reminded what you don't have...  Back to today.  They put 2 lead aprons on me to do the x-rays and she took it extra fast, but it just makes me worry about every little thing I've already done wrong in this pregnancy.  I took Vicodin last week before we knew.  I took Aleve and Benedryl the night before my + test because I was sure my period was on its way.  And now I've had an x-ray.  I guess if it's going to work, it's going to work.  Many other times I've done everything right and look where that's led us so far...

Hmm, this quick update sure turned long fast.  Guess I had more on my mind than I'd thought...

No comments: