Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Drained...

I am exhausted tonight.  I volunteered at a children's grief camp all weekend and did not get near enough sleep.  I am so in need of our upcoming beach vacation, but have to make it through the week to Friday before I can really start to unwind.

Had bloodwork done on Friday to check my thyroid level.  Got the results yesterday and it was not good.  My TSH has gone up to 4.55.  I know it's expected for it to go up in pregnancy and very common to have to increase the dosage of Synthroid, but it's still concerning to me.  What if it's already gotten too high?  What if we didn't catch it in time?  What if, what if...

My stomach is so bruised from the Heparin injections.  I'm still trying to figure out how to improve the bruising, but for now it looks like I'm been punched in the stomach.  I'm sure my family is going to freak out when they see it at the beach next week.

Shannon and I have been arguing all evening since I got home from work.  Not over anything big.  I'm cranky and tired.  He's defensive over his career situation.  But no fun at our house tonight.

I promise it will all be worth it if this pregnancy turns out okay.  I'm anxious for it to be Friday again so we can get another glimpse at the baby and see how everything is doing now.  I'm trying to stay as positive as I can.

But for tonight, I am drained.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Join the club, sister!!!!!!!