Friday, June 24, 2011

Reassurance

Sweet Pea's caseworker came out to visit yesterday afternoon.  She came in reassuring me that we have nothing to worry about.  That bio mom does not have it together, that things do not look good for her at all.  That Sweet Pea is right where she should be and where she will stay.

I'll be glad to be out of this limbo phase, to be past the parental termination trial (provided it goes the way we hope it will).  I imagine I'll always have mixed feelings about this process and about bio mom.  The fact that someone else has to suffer for us to finally have our family is difficult to accept.  It's like imagining that for me to finally have a successful pregnancy that someone else would have to suffer a loss at the same time.  It's hard to be completely at peace knowing our happiness is causing someone else pain.

But then Sweet Pea reaches up to me, touches my face gently and gives me kiss.  Yes, it's all worth it.  Worth it for this sweet little girl who has come into our lives and changed us forever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know, it's hard not to feel bad about. But then, on the other hand, most states give chance after chance after chance, you know?

You have a big heart, and you hate to see her mom go through that pain.

Yet another reason you're the perfect adoptive mom for Sweet Pea.

:)
:)
:)
:)