Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dear Sweet Pea

Dear Sweet Pea,

I can’t believe you only been here with us for three weeks now. We are already falling in love with you and so enjoying getting to know you.

I love your sweet little wheezy snore, especially when you’re drinking a bottle late at night.

I love the way you’re really starting to recognize us and usually save the biggest and sweetest smiles for me and Shannon.

I love the relationship I see forming between you and Shannon. He has become such a gentle and loving daddy in such a short amount of time.

I love the way you kick your legs and babble and smile when you’re laying on your play mat, looking up at your toys.

I love how tiny you are, but so very strong and resilient. You’ve been through so much in your short life and you are such a little fighter.

I love it when you close your eyes and open your mouth up wide when we come in for a kiss.

I love the way you go so easily to any person who comes to visit you, but you turn to look for me or Shannon to make sure it’s okay.

I love that we’ve already seen you grow and change in your short time here with us and can’t wait to find out what you have in store for us next.

Love,
 
Jenny

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet!

Unknown said...

LOVE. ;) I can hear the love in your words!