Friday, September 10, 2010

A little better

So after everything yesterday, Shannon came home after work and was so sweet and supportive.  He said "Screw 'em" about my work problems and told me not to worry about it, we'll figure it out, go ahead and quit and we'll be okay.  Then he decided we should go water our babies together.  So we went out in the backyard even though it was already after dark and watered each of the plants for our babies.  We talked about each one briefly and he asked me to remind him of their names.  It felt good to be heard and validated.

Feeling better about it all today.  So glad it's the weekend and I'll get a chance to go out with the girls tonight.  It's much needed.  So here's to focusing on the positive, but also embracing the negative when it comes my way!

2 comments:

jennwfree said...

That's awesome. Glad today has been a little less raw. I started at the bottom (older posts) so just saw this. I never read things in order, so this must be a first for me (I am the one who skips to the end of the books because I can't stand not knowing how things turn out. Haven't always been that way though.)

We are going to be moving in about a month, assuming that all goes well with the inspection our potential homebuyers just did today. Still in the same town, but building a new house. We won't move in for several months. But to get the point, I'm trying to figure out how in the world our baby tree can be dug up and go with us while we wait for the new house. I can't leave it (I think of it as a her) behind.

So I totally love that you and your husband watered your beautiful babies together.

Unknown said...

Right back at you! I think it's so crazy how we are on the same path, too. I don't know what I Would do without you to vent to/cry with/laugh with!

Just think...soont here will be a LOT of rejoicing! :)