Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Embracing change

By nature, I do not like change.  I'd really rather things to be safe and predictable.  So what's going on with me now?  Why am I inviting all these huge changes into my life now??

I turned in my two weeks notice at work today.  I just decided this was the best decision for me and my (hopefully quickly growing) family.  I still plan on working, but don't have anything definite lined up yet.  Lots of possibilities.  Much more focused on flexiblity and me having more control in things.  Much more private, independent work.  Which is also scarely, because big parts of me really prefer not having to make decisions.  But should be better for many reasons, the biggest of which is our future children.

Just the idea of foster/adopting is, in and of itself, inviting HUGE changes into our lives.

Our upcoming trip to Costa Rica will be full of spontaneous and unpredictable decisions.  This vacation is what I want to focus on now.  We'd been wanting to take one last big trip before having children and now we're making it happen.  We leave in two weeks and I'm so excited.  I was telling someone about this trip and they said, "Oh, you're going on a 'babymoon'".  I considered this for a minute and decided I like the idea of this.  And it's even better because, unlike traditional 'babymoons', I won't be pregnant and will be able to drink and do whatever else I want like ziplines, rafting, etc.

So I guess there is a balance in inviting change and finally getting what you want and deserve in life.  Maybe it's just about growing up.  Either way-- bring it on, change, bring it on!

No comments: