Monday, March 29, 2010

Normal

I went to the dr's on Saturday morning to have bloodwork done and talk briefly with the nurse (so glad the dr's office is open 1/2 days on Saturdays!)  I mentioned the spotting to the nurse and she gave me a prescription for Prometrium (progesterone suppositories).  My spotting continued much of Saturday, but has now lessened considerably since start the Prometrium.  I've only spotted twice today and it was barely noticable.  I hate that I have to worry so much about every little thing and can't ever just appreciate a simple, easy pregnancy.  I know that spotting can mean absolutely nothing, but all I've ever known is bad outcomes, so it's difficult not to jump to awful conclusions.  I feel like I hold my breath each and every time I go to the bathroom now, wondering if there will be spotting again.  It's just been brown or light pink and never more than spotting, so I just have to hold on to the fact that those are good signs for now.

I talked to my stepsister the other day who had a baby about a year ago.  She had spotting/bleeding several times throughout her pregnancy & now has a beautiful, healthy baby girl.  And she has other friends with similar stories, so for now, I'm holding on to that hope.

The nurse also said they don't start the Heparin until they see a heartbeat, so at least we get to hold off on that for now.  The idea of giving myself a shot every day is not something I am looking forward to.  Don't get me wrong-- I'll do it for the sake of the baby and am thrilled that there is something like this that we actually can do to fix this, but still, not fun.

I got a message from the dr's office this afternoon about my bloodwork.  She said my hcg from Saturday (15 dpo) was 137, so I'm definitely pregnant (duh).  She also said I should start taking the Prometrium 3 times a day instead of 2, so I can only assume that means my progesterone level was low, but I haven't heard back yet to confirm this.  I can only hope that we caught the low progesterone early enough and it's being fixed now and everything can still continue normally.  Normal.  Why couldn't I just have a normal, easy pregnancy like it seems like so many other women can and do.  Ugh.  But I don't want to focus on the negatives.  Trying my hardest to stay positive and keep my hopes up for the future of this pregnancy.  For now, it's still there and that's a good thing.  A great thing, in fact.

No comments: