Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Growing up

Sweet Pea had her 15 month check-up with the pediatrician today.  Since she was born 3 months early, she's officially one-year-old according to her adjusted age.  This means it's time to stop giving her formula and stop the bottles.  I knew this was coming.  We've been using a sippy cup for quite a while and I've tried her formula in a cup a few times and she's done great with it.  I've been talking about it and preparing for it.  But when the doctor said to get rid of the bottles, I suddenly felt protective of my little baby.  Shannon and I talked about it and we'll just finish up the can of formula we already have open, mixing in whole milk too to help her transition.  We'll keep using the bottles as long as we're still using formula, then switch over completely to the cup.  I know it's time.  I know she's ready.  I know she'll do fine.  But it's also sad to see our sweet little baby growing up so quickly...

No comments: