Monday, September 12, 2011

Little moments

I was talking to someone I just met yesterday and she asked me if we have kids.  I immediately, without even thinking, responded "yes".  This is the first time this has happened and the magnitude of the moment was not lost on me.  I have been telling people about Sweet Pea for months, explaining how we're fostering to adopt.  But now this shift has occured, now she feels like our daughter, not just a sweet little baby they've given us to care for.

Tonight before bed, we had a sweet moment together.  I had quiet lullaby music on to calm her down before giving her bedtime bottle and decided we should dance.  She laughed and smiled at me as we spun around.  Then she lay her head on my shoulder and started patting my back just like I would pat hers to help her fall asleep.  Such a sweet girl, such a little miracle...  My daughter.

No comments: