Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Packed and ready to go!

We're pretty much all packed for our California trip today.  I think Sweet Pea knows something is up.  She woke up screaming about an hour after bedtime last night, then got up again at 4am for a bottle.  She had been back to sleeping through the night this week.  Wonder how she'll do on our trip.  We'll be sleeping in a room with my 18-month-old nephew.  I hope they don't wake and keep each other up in the middle of the night.  I hope I'm able to sleep too.

We got an e-mail from our case manager asking if we wanted to be considered as a foster/adopt home for an almost 1-year-old boy.  Healthy, no meds, looking to terminate parents' rights next month.  We said no.  Can't imagine two 1-year-olds here and honestly, I still really feel like we need to be focused on Sweet Pea for now, especially until we know if we're able to adopt her for sure.  It's crazy that we're already at a place where we're turning down perfectly healthy, almost free for adoption babies.  I would not have believed that a year ago...

Wish us luck on our trip.  I'm a little anxious about flying with a baby, especially a foster baby and hope no one gives us a hard time.  I hope Sweet Pea does well on the flight.  I know my family out there is going to absolutely love her.  We skype with them, so I hope she at least recognizes them a little and warms to them quickly.  I'll update in a few days when we get back!!

No comments: