Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cuteness

This Sunday was the first Mother's Day I was able to celebrate openly.  I'd considered myself a mother before and had my close family acknowledge it for me, but this year everyone wished me a happy mother's day.  I got cards in the mail, flowers delievered, texts received.  I've been a mother to my unborn babies for years now, but Sweet Pea has made me a mommy.

She is maturing so much right now.  It's like a new light clicked on last week and she's getting things in such a fun and different way now.  It's so amazing to be able to watch her learn all these new things.  Here are just some of the adorable new things she is doing these days that absolutely make me fall in love with her more and more all the time:

• The way she tilts her head to the side when she’s looking at something she likes/is curious about (this is seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen)


• The way she’s starting trying to initiate peek-a-boo, especially after bathtime when she puts the towel over her face and then is smiling so big when she pulls it down

• The way she rolls over to her bucket full of toys and purposefully dumps it all out

• The way she uses her bucket/highchair tray as a drum and has such a good sense of rhythm

• The way she loves to jump in her jumparoo, but inevitably falls asleep if we leave her in there too long

• The way she’s learned to laugh at silly things like putting toys on your head

• The way she tries to put those toys on her head, but can’t quite make it up there

• The way she giggles when we tickle her new tickle spot on her side

• The way she waves her arms when she’s happy/excited about something

• The way she’s trying to turn the pages in her books now and gets so obsessed with it when we read Goodnight Moon at night that she gets frustrated and starts fussing even though she absolutely loves that book

• The way she’s able to put herself to sleep at naptimes now, but has to talk/sing/fuss herself down

• The way she fidgets/wiggles when she’s drinking a bottle or trying to go to sleep

• The way she pulls her blanket over her head when she’s sleeping

• The way she almost always seems to break at least one hand or arm free from her swaddler overnight

• The way she gives a few big stretches when I open up her swaddler in the morning

• The way she’s bonded with Shannon and my mom so much more now and doesn’t always have to cry for me

• The way she still turns/leans/reaches/smiles for me the most

• The way she loves to look at herself in the mirror now and gives herself a kiss after we get her ready for bed

She was so adorable last night.  It was almost bath/bedtime but we were trying to keep her up a little longer and she was in such a fun, happy mood.  She was sitting on my lap and I laughed at some face she made, then she let out the cutest giggle.  She seriously laughed for ten minutes straight whenever I would laugh.  Too stinkin' cute.

Thank you, Sweet Pea, for all these adorable and memorable moments.  Thank you for making me a mommy.  I love you.

1 comment:

jennwfree said...

This seriously brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad that you had a happy mother's day. You deserve it...and the acknowledgment of your status after all the years of spending the day in silence and mourning. I hope that Shannon and Sweet Pea did something special for you!