Saturday, February 27, 2010

Follow-up

I finally had my follow-up appointment at the RE this week. Found out I have another blood clotting disorder called Factor V Leiden. This means I'll for sure have to do Heparin when I get pregnant again. I've already started taking baby aspirin every day too. So I guess that's more good news that they found something else wrong that could have caused my recurrent pregnancy loss and that is treatable. On the other hand, it's all starting to sink in though that I have these chronic medical conditions that I'll be dealing with for the rest of my life now too.

This doctor's appointment was frustrating because it was not with the female RE that we had first met with and loved. It was with the male who runs the place, so he obviously knows what he's talking about and everything, but just doesn't have the same calm, patient personality as the female. The entire time with him felt rushed, like he was trying to get out the door to the next patient. He answered our questions for the most part, but I definitely had more. He didn't even mention all the ultrasounds that I've had in the past month! I guess that means they didn't see any problems in that area, but still it felt like it would be worth mentioning... I will try to insist next time that we get to meet with the female RE-- I think I'd feel much better about this whole thing then.

The really good news from the RE is that the Synthroid is working and my thyroid level has started to go down significantly. It's almost down to normal, so he gave us the go-ahead to start trying again this month. We'll just have to retest my levels again in a couple of weeks to see if we have to up my doasge or not. So we're officially ttc again and that feels good and right. I just need to focus on this positive news and keep hope for the future :)

No comments: