Monday, February 8, 2010

Challenges

I did my Clomid challenge this month. Took 100mg on days 5-9 and had lots of bloodwork and ultrasounds to check how my ovaries were working. As far as I could tell, everything looked good but we won't hear the official results until my follow-up appointment in a couple of weeks. I ovulated yesterday and it was so very painful. I mean, I'm used to having ovulation pain, but this was crazy. Almost as painful as the first time I ovulated after my ectopic.

The absolute biggest "challenge" of the whole Clomid challenge was honestly not being able to ttc this month even though I knew I would be super fertile. We have to wait to try again until we improve my thyroid levels. So I understand in my mind why we're waiting, but after over two years of trying to get pregnant, it felt so frustrating to have to not try, especially since the only other time I took Clomid I got pregnant on the first cycle, so I know it works for me. I consider myself a patient person, but this fertility stuff has been a challenge even for me. And one of the most frustrating things was every time I went to the RE this month for another ultrasound, they would say things like, "Looks like you'll ovulate in the next couple of days, so go ahead and try and see if you get pregnant." I had to remind them each time that they'd already told me to not try and wait at least a month.

So more waiting and seeing. At least Shannon and I are doing well now. As difficult as all this has been, I really do think it's brought us closer and we are in a good place in our relationship now and that is more comforting than I can express.

We're going tonight to hang out with the good friends of ours who are pregnant and due 10 days after I should have been. Now there's a challenge for me...

No comments: