Monday, September 30, 2013

Balance

It was a good day today. Nothing too special, just felt like a good balance between my work and family life.

This morning I hosted our playgroup at our house. It was a nice small group today and everyone got along great. I'm so thankful we got involved with this group. Making and keeping good friends can be a challenge, but I truly feel like I belong here. And the benefits for Payton have been great too. Between this group and starting preschool, I really see her blossoming socially these days.

Then I went to work this afternoon and saw 5 clients. Two were brand new and I really felt like I connected with one. It feels good to help others and know I'm providing for my family too.

Finally I was able to come home and still see Payton again before bedtime. She was sleepy and a bit cranky, but I was glad I could be there for our evening family time. And to give Shannon a bit of a break. I know they're fine without me when I do have to work later, but it's nice to be reminded how special I am to Payton :)

No comments: