Thursday, April 21, 2011

Reaching my limit

I am feeling so stressed right now.  The other baby I keep is driving me crazy this week.  He came back from his week and a half with grandma such a different baby.  I can only imagine grandma spoiled him and held him all the time.  And he reached a new developmental stage of recognizing object permanence while he was gone.  So that means any time I even step out of the room or sometimes even step away from him, he screams.  Not just a little cry.  A scream, like the world is ending and he is in extreme pain.  It feels like he spends 3/4 of his time just screaming now and it's driving me insane.  I'm trying to get him down for a much needed nap, but he screams every time I put him in the swing.  He'll get quiet like he fell asleep for a minute, then screaming again.  I literally just had to go stand in the laundry room for a few minutes and listen to the washing machine drown out his screams to settle myself.  I'm going to be really unhappy if he teaches Sweet Pea this screaming too.

To top it off, he came back with a gross snotty nose on Monday.  We'd hoped it was just allergies, but now Sweet Pea has it too.  She woke up in the middle of the night and could hardly breathe through her nose to drink her bottle.  She's been well since she got over the cold she had when we first got her.  I'm sure she'll be okay, but it's scary with her additional health issues.  Even with the shots, she's at much higher risk for RSV, etc and we definitely want to avoid that.

And now the occupational therapist is late AGAIN...  I'm about done with her too.

Then Sweet Pea just looked up at me with this big sweet smile and I melt all over again.

But then Cash screams some more and I feel my blood pressure rise again.  Why won't he just fall asleep???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

BOO on this. I totally would not be able to juggle these two little ones. My older one is staying in daycare while I'm on maternity leave with the little one. Two screaming children is at least one too many! We had both of them up and out of sorts in the middle of the night a couple of days ago, and I was about to go bonkers. Hang in there.