Monday, January 3, 2011

Verified

We met with our case manager tonight to sign contracts.  We are officially verfied as foster/adopt parents and could get kids any day now.  It could be as quick as tomorrow.  Wow.  It just feels so right that I can't imagine what took us so long to get to this point.  I know this path isn't for everyone, but I'm feeling blessed that we found our way here.

Danielle (our case manager) asked us if we want her to notify us every time she submits us for kids or just when we've been selected.  Shannon took one look at me and said just when we're chosen.  I agree.  She said she'd started submitting us last week once our homestudy was approved and even emailed us about some kids she submitted us for today.  It was for twin 16-month-old boys and I immediately started dreaming about a life with them.  Their parents' rights have already been terminated and they're looking for a permanent home for them.  I know there's only a slim chance we would be selected because there could be many people submitting for them, but I can't help but think about them.  This is why we should not know until we are chosen.  I'm already in Target in my mind buying things for these boys.

Either way, life is about to change at our house forever in a huge way.

2 comments:

jennwfree said...

I am so excited for these updates!

Good luck...I hope that the wait is short and that there is good news next time I check up on you!

Unknown said...

eeeeeeek! Wow, SO exciting!

I SO get what you say about "this being the right path!"