Saturday, November 13, 2010

What I'm meant to do

Yesterday, I kept a friend's little baby for the day.  This is the baby that was due 10 days after my #3 should have been.  But all that sadness and grief did not even begin to come into play.  Instead it just reminded me where I'm meant to be in life, what I'm meant to do.  I'm so ready to be a mommy.  Taking care of that sweet baby boy yesterday just reaffirmed this for me.  It just felt right.  I may end up keeping that baby every day for the near future.  I don't know what things will be like once we have our own foster/adopt kiddos, but for now I'd love to have that sweet baby in our house to take care of.  We're starting to accumulate more baby/kids things as we prepare for our own.  In our den, I still have a play pen and the baby quilt my family has always used to lay babies on.  Those things look good in our house and make me happy to finally be able to have here.  My mom bought us our first official item for a baby the other day when we went to Target-- a set of gender-neutral receiving blankets.  So we're moving forward and that makes me so happy. 

No comments: