Thursday, December 16, 2010

When the time is right

We did go look in Shannon's cousin's attic last week and I cannot even express to you how exciting that was to see that she has literally every big item we would need for a baby and/or toddler.  A crib, a toddler bed, car seats, strollers, high chair, everything.  If we ended up getting a baby and a toddler, we would just have to get another mattress for the second bed, but that's nothing.  It gave me such a sense of relief to know we won't have to worry about these big tickets items.  Then if my dad and stepmom give us new dressers for the kids, that's practically their entire rooms furnished.  Isn't it amazing how the universe provides what we need when the time is right?

I did take a couple of smaller baby things that I can use with my friend's baby who I'm still watching everyday.  That's going much better now.  I really feel like I'm getting into a good rhythm with him and getting more and more done around the house these days.  I even started doing some contract therapy work at the shelter where I used to work this week and that made me feel so good about myself.  I hadn't realized how much I had missed counseling and how much my self-esteem would improve after getting out there again.  I know actually getting our kids will be a huge adjustment to us all, but I'm beginning to see how I can balance home and work in the future.

Still waiting to hear if the director has approved of our homestudy and still waiting to get to see a copy of it for ourselves.  Now that Christmas is next week, it doesn't really look like we'll have our kids before then like we'd originally hoped.  But I'm trying to look on the bright side.  It would be difficult if not impossible to travel next week with new kiddos and overwhelming for them to spend the holiday with strangers.  Now we'll just move on to looking forward to spending the new year with new kiddos  :)

1 comment:

jennwfree said...

Awesome! Loving these exciting updates. Definitely a good bright side to be looking at (more easily spending Christmas with old family before expanding it to your new family!). Merry Christmas to you if I don't see a new post before then!