Sunday, November 9, 2014

Pre-op

I'm finally having surgery tomorrow to remove my left Fallopian tube. Finally. Nearly seven years have passed since my first pregnancy, the first ectopic that began this rollercoaster. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. It's actual surgery with full anesthesia that's going to leave me in pain, recovering and unable to work or really care for my daughter for at least a week. But truly, this is a good thing. Something I've hoped for and wanted for a long time. Maybe this can finally lead to a successful pregnancy. But even if not, I will be glad to be finished with this stupid tube once and for all. Glad to not have the almost daily pain. Glad to not feel like I'm carrying around this bad part of me that is such a reminder of dark times.

2 comments:

jennwfree said...

Glad they could get rid of the little bugger! Fingers crossed that it leads to all things you have hoped and prayed for. Missed this yesterday so I'm sorry to just now be posting. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Our first due date was 6 years ago tomorrow. Funny what you remember.

Kathy Mulllin said...

I hope all went well. When I had my first (and only) ectopic, after years of trying for another baby and miscarriage AND severe Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, I had ruptured a fallopian tube. My doctor told me he wanted to save it (I didn't realize what had happened, I have a high pain tolerance and thought I had the flu). I told him to absolutely not save it. It obviously has scarring and other issues and I didn't want it. Luckily there was no chance at saving it. I was so grateful to have it out and felt better than I had in years, within 2 weeks.

Good luck, hope you finally start to feel better!!