Thursday, July 14, 2011

Shower

I've been taking the babies for a walk in the mornings.  No matter how early we leave, it's always already over 80 degrees.  That's Texas in the summer for ya.  So when we get back, I'd love to be able to take a shower right away.  Cash always goes right to sleep in his swing with no problems.  Lately Sweet Pea naps during the walk, then refuses to go back down once we get home like she used to.  Today I decided we would try something new, so I brought toys into my bathroom that I thought Sweet Pea would play with while I took a quick shower.  She seemed fine right until I stepped into the shower.  Then she SCREAMED non-stop until I got out.  She cried like I'd abandoned her forever.  She pulled herself up and stood at the end of the shower screaming "MAMAMAMA" over and over.  It didn't matter if she could see me, she still cried until I got out, got dressed and picked her up to comfort her.  This new separation anxiety phase is even worse than the first go-round.  We're going to have to figure something out or we're going to have one stinky mommy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let her cry in her crib. She will be OK.