Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving thanks

So much to be thankful for this year:

  • My #1 thing I'm thankful for this year is easily Payton.  She has completely changed our lives in so many amazing ways.  I love being her mama and feel so lucky to finally be able to officially call her my daughter!
  • I'm thankful for my sweet husband who challenges me, supports me, encourages me, pushes me, frustrates me and makes me laugh.  It's been awesome to see him grow into such a wonderful daddy and to share these past 11+ years together.
  • I'm thankful for my mom.  She's always there for me and loves Payton just as dearly as I do.  I could not have made it through the past few years without her.
  • I'm thankful for my newborn niece.  We got to Skype with them today and she was so adorable, looked just like a little baby doll.
  • I'm thankful for my fun nephew.  Even though we live far apart, I love that we still have a connection, that he still knows me and asks for me.  He is certainly one of the things that helped most when I was struggling through all my losses.
  • I'm thankful for our extended families, both near and far.  I love that we live in the same town as much of Shannon's family and that we get to see Payton running around with cousins and having such a great time.
  • I'm thankful for our home.  While maintaining it and paying for it can be a struggle sometimes, I absolutely love our neighborhood and our house and wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
  • I'm thankful that Payton is taking a second nap today.  After getting up much too early, helping me put up the Christmas tree, going over to visit family and eat for Thanksgiving, running running running to keep up with the older cousins, she just crashed this afternoon.  On that note, I think I'll enjoy this peace and quiet and go take a nap myself  :)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!!

No comments: