Thursday, June 3, 2010

A New Path

We are starting to explore the idea of adoption more and more.  We met with a couple last night who have adopted both internationally and domestically.  She runs a local adoption ministry, helping to link people up with various resources.  It was just good to hear her story and her advice, good to not feel so alone in this.  It can all feel so overwhelming-- there are so many options and ways to pursue.  I just wish I could fast-forward time to know how it all works for us and have the answers be more clear.  But I am beginning to feel a peace with the idea of a new journey beginning.  I'm not ready to give up the idea of biological children altogether yet, but this is the first time that I've started to feel okay with the idea of maybe not pursuing that anymore.  Maybe this adoption path is the way we are meant to go after all...

1 comment:

jennwfree said...

Wow! That's a big and exciting step to think about. Can't wait to hear about where this possible new path leads you guys. (as I continue to blog-stalk you to see how you're doing!)

How is everything with your thyroid?